Sunday 25 October 2015

3 Little monkeys jumping on the bed


My partner and I planned on having one child together and I was fine with us being a one child family. I was able to return back to work when our son was around 6 months old and life basically continued as normal, but when my son turned 5 and started school....

I had a overwhelming urge that I needed another child, I hadn't experienced this feeling in the last 5 years and it wasn't something I could ignore to make it go away. I spoke to my partner about my feeling and he was deadest on "no more", yes I was torn and told my other half that I don't think our relationship will continue- I wanted a baby. Yes it sounds like I was giving him a ultimatum- give me a baby or go away.

In the end he said- "I will give you a month, if it is meant to be then its meant to be". So I had the implanon rod contraception removed and the month we actively tried for a baby- boom mumma was pregnant with number 2. Looking back now I don't know if I would of left if he said no or not but I know I would of resented the decision.

My partner actually missed our sons birth since we were told it was going to be some time before I gave birth, so my partner went to the car to grab the bag I left and by the time he returned, his son was born. So this time he wasn't going anywhere, I had a perfect waterbirth, no complications, no drugs and its a day I will never forget- it was perfect and our daughter was absolutely beautiful.

So now I have a planned baby, a baby sort of planned but we will call that a "if it happens its meant to be" baby, so where does number 3 come in?

Having a 5yr gap between my first and second child was bliss, I had time to rest while our son was at school. Don't get me wrong it wasn't all rainbows and perfectness- I won't get into the months of colic, screaming from 3pm to 3am every day. One thing that was easy which wasn't easy with my first was breastfeeding- my second took to it extremely easy.

So lets fastward 8mths, life is great, family feels complete, colic screaming has ended and breastfeeding is still going strong. My period had returned when little miss was 4 months old, I wasn't on any contraception and yes I had the belief that if you breastfeed that it is a natural contraception, so we were using the "pull-out method".

My period had been quite regular since it returned 4 months ago, so when I was a week late I was concerned and booked in to see my doctor the following week. The urine pregnancy test came back negative, I asked the doctor if I should have a blood test but he said no, I was 2 weeks late- if I was pregnant it would of shown up by now and since I was breastfeeding that can make my period act funny.

So a week later, I was experiencing headaches which is the first symptom I experienced with both my last pregnancies. So sent my partner out to buy a test, he was thinking it was all in my head and that it was pointless to test...

Yep a BFP! Confirmed with a blood test.

So now we have a planned baby, a if it happens, its meant to be baby and a opps how did that happen baby. And I wouldn't change it for the world. We had another daughter and as I can hear them laughing and playing I don't regret a thing but I can honestly say....

We are done! ha-ha- I feel our family is complete.


In the end, you will never regret the baby you had but might regret the baby you never had xo

Where your babies: A planned baby, a if it happens its meant to be baby or a "how the hell did you get there baby"? Comment below x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment