Wednesday 21 October 2015

Menu plan Wednesday


Today is the day I menu plan for next week, I do my shopping online Friday for delivery on Saturday morning. I've tried Woolworths and Coles, I have found Woolworths to be much cheaper, I get more for my buck. Where do you shop? Comment below. I've heard good things about ALDI but we don't have that chain here :(

I mainly use Taste.com.au to find meal ideas, our family pick a new recipe to try once a fortnight and keep to our family favourites mainly. I'm looking forward to doing other blog posts showcasing the way we make our family favourites.

*Please note- I am only meal planning for our family dinners

Saturday- Do I have to cook? hehe Might get the other half to cook tonight :p Chicken stir-fry with rice.

Sunday- Roast lamb shoulder with roast vegetables (recipe to come! I'm looking forward to taking pictures and sharing this one, pending on the weather I might even use the smoker) My partner loves toasties with the leftover meat

Monday- Spaghetti and meatballs- all round family favourite

Tuesday- Taco Tuesday! My favourite night of the week, I like to prep it all and let the kids make their own

Wednesday- Curried sausages- I recently discovered Keens curry base and OMG it is the bomb! The kids don't like curry no matter if it is or isn't spicy so they will be having plain bangers and mash tonight. 


http://www.mccormick.com.au/products/mustards-and-curries/keens-recipe-bases/keens-curried-sausages

Thursday- Roast chicken, peas, roast potatoes and gravy- this is  the kids favourite and mine too due to the taste and cost.  

Friday- Homemade pizza, I either make the pizza dough in the morning or if I have time, the day before. The kids prefer plain toppings, just ham and cheese, but my partner and I love to shake things up with the leftover roast chicken from the night before. (Will be posting about how we make our pizza dough) Best thing about homemade pizza is that the kids can get involved.

I will add to this post the shopping list and cost, this is just a quick overview.

Mumma Loves Comps would love to know if you menu plan and what is on your menu list. Help me plan next week, would love some new ideas xo

No comments:

Post a Comment